Cristo Rey Columbus High School Open Positions
Cristo Rey Columbus High School is part of the national Cristo Rey Network. Cristo Rey Columbus is a Catholic, college-preparatory high school for students of all faiths, in need of a high-quality, affordable education. It is co-educational and serves students of diverse backgrounds. We help our students grow intellectually, academically, spiritually, socially, and morally. Our Professional Work-Study Program (PWSP) is an integral part of our strategy. Through PWSP, our students work five days a month in a professional setting such as law firms, hospitals, banks, insurance companies, nonprofits, and government entities. Through this work, they cover almost half the cost of their education, and they obtain tremendous experience and education being mentored by professionals in our community. It is our aspiration that all of our students graduate from high school and college and become future leaders in the public and private sector, in corporations, service organizations, their own faith institutions, and the community at large.
Background Checks: All paid Cristo Rey staff must have on file both BCI and FBI background checks and must attend “Protecting God’s Children.”
Who You Are
You enjoy building new processes, systems, and tools, and troubleshooting to improve them. You can create big plans and manage fine details without losing focus. You’re proactive. You’re willing and able to take on unforeseen projects when the need arises, while also managing your core work. You take confidentiality and professionalism seriously. You provide excellent customer service, whether working with internal or external colleagues. You understand and embrace the mission of Cristo Rey Columbus High School, and it inspires your daily work.
Who We Are
Cristo Rey Columbus prepares students to excel in college, in career, and in character. Our college-prep curriculum, work-study program, and faith-based education combine to give students a unique experience and an affordable option for high-quality education. Founded in 2013, the school is currently in its eighth year of operation.
The Executive Assistant will work directly with the President and Chief Operating Officer, performing numerous job functions with the opportunity to use and grow his/her skills within the team. The Executive Assistant will have an immediate impact and will manage new projects and initiatives, as well as maintain existing operations.
- Acting as the point of contact between executives and internal and external colleagues.
- Preparing meeting agendas, reports, memos, letters, expense reports, and other documents.
- Attending meetings, taking notes, and writing up for subsequent dissemination.
- Managing executives’ calendars.
- Managing corporate compliance, including timely filing of documents.
- Managing services from various vendors, including IT.
- Organizing meetings, securing space and refreshments, and acting as host for attendees.
- Reviewing and responding to correspondence and phone calls.
- Maintaining current scheduling, filing and related systems, and looking for ways to improve them.
- Project management and departmental coordination and assistance.
- Providing general administrative support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Experience and Skills
- Proven experience as an executive assistant, chief of staff, or other relevant administrative support experience
- In-depth understanding of MS Office suite and Google Workspace
- A proactive approach to situation assessment and problem-solving, with strong decision-making skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional discretion
- Interpersonal warmth
- Relationship building and management skills
- Strong customer service skills in person, over the phone, and in writing
- Ability and willingness to work occasional early morning, evening, and weekend hours
- Bachelor’s degree required
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
For future open positions
If you feel called to the Cristo Rey mission, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org so we have it on file when openings arise.